About our Matcha
Our Matcha from Farm to Cup
1. Grown on organic farms in Kyoto, Japan. We grow our green tea leaves on our USDA/JONA (JAS) certified organic farms.
2. Shaded for added nutrients. Before the leaves are harvested in the Spring they are shaded under giant canopies for 30 days. This increases their chlorophyll & antioxidant content
3. Only the best are selected. All leaves are inspected and only the finest ones are selected.
4. Baby leaves are selected for sweetness. We use the baby leaves as they are naturally sweeter and have a better flavor.
5. Leaves are steamed and dried. These leaves are then steamed and dried.
6. The best dried leaves are selected. We then select the best of the dried leaves - the cream of the crop.
7. Stem & vein removed for smooth flavor. Next, we extract the stem and center vein out of each of these leaves so our Matcha tastes super smooth and we don't have to add any additional ingredients / sugar or filers.
8. Stone ground. Then we grind the leaves (Tencha leaves) into powder.
9. Clumps are extracted. After the grind we sieve the powder to ensure there are no clumps.
10. USDA 100% organic certified with JONA (JAS).
11. Packaged in sealed tight tins for freshness from Farm to Cup.
Organic Matcha Green Tea from Japan
Features of (京都) Kyoto Dew Matcha Tea from Japan
100% pure Matcha green tea powder with no additives or fillers
100% Certified organic (USDA and JAS)
Kyoto Dew Matcha - Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder Kyoto Dew Matcha is Japanese green tea Matcha grown and harvested in Uji, Kyoto, Japan, hence the name “Kyoto Dew Matcha” (京都)